Monday, August 31, 2009

Salsa Fresca *Melissa

My friend, Kristen, makes the best SALSA FRESCA. I've been bugging her for the recipe and then decided we should just have a "salsa making Saturday." Due to everyone's busy summer schedules it turned out to be just Kristen and I for most of the afternoon and we were joined by Kelli and her little baby Samuel later on. I highly recommend making salsa with a friend because then you can share the chopping responsibilities.

Here it is, the recipe for a lovely Salsa Fresca. We chopped and we chopped and we ended up with two HUGE batches. It so happened that I was hosting a pre-wedding cookout for the Cuomo and Hudzinski families and the salsa ended up being a very nice addition to the "Bring-your-own-meat Cookout."


Now, I must pause for a commercial. The VIDALIA CHOP WIZARD is the coolest new gadget that Kristen introduced me to. It makes chopping a cinch! It has two different chopping blade grids of different sizes. We used one to chop the tomatoes and the other to chop the onions. If it weren't for the Vidalia Chop Wizard, Kristen and I would have been in the kitchen all day with dishpan fingers from all the juices. A quick and easy chopping of the onions was a must for Kristen...I've never seen anyone tear up as much as she did!










So, the chopping began....tomatoes, cilantro










Garlic and canned green chillies......



And the final touch...sea salt (extra used in place of whey) and lemon juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment