Friday, July 31, 2009

Frosted Pineapple Zucchini Sheet Cake *Melissa

So, I'm not really a baker. Here are some of the things that stress me out about baking:
  1. all the exact measuring....1/8th of a teaspoon? really? they go that small?
  2. sifting of lumpy flour....did I sift enough?
  3. the possibility of the thing being baked sticking so badly that it gets destroyed when extracting it :( ...hard work down the drain
But, Nate loves the baked goods so I'm determined to be a better baker....

Last Friday we entertained a group of about 16 people for a Bring Your Own Meat cookout. So, I needed to make a dessert that would feed these peeps and I came across this recipe. I proceeded to bake...












So, I gathered and prepared my ingredients and went to work.








Combined my dry ingredients (sifted flour, baking soda, salt, coconut, cinnamon, nutmeg, *cloves -my addition, and ginger) Then added my egg and oil and stirred away.








Then I added my shredded zucchini and drained pineapple....not very appetizing to look at but trust me, the result is tasty! Poured into a glass 13x9 dish coated with baking spray (very much coated...to avoid sticking)









After it comes out of the oven you're supposed to be able to get it out of the baking dish to cool on a baking rack....this didn't happen for me. I followed the rules. I PROMISE I sprayed with baking spray. It still stuck and wouldn't come out. SO, I just let it cool on in the dish.











The icing for this is very tasty ~ light cream cheese, powdered sugar, a splash of pineapple juice and vanilla extract.
















Delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment