Thursday, September 10, 2009

Peach Galette *melissa

Our labor day cookout presented me with an opportunity to exercise my weak baking skills once again. I came across this recipe on smitten kitchen.

I need to tell you that this was SUPER easy and mouth wateringly delicious! Served warm with vanilla bean ice cream, my guests had that "more please" look in their eyes after the first bite. I scored some major points with the hubby too for this scrumptious treat.

Here are the few simple ingredients:
1 pie pastry round
2 1/2-3 peaches
2 Tbsp melted butter
2 Tbsp crushed almonds
sprinkle of brown sugar
sprinkle of cinnamon
sprinkle of nutmeg

First, roll out the pastry dough. Now, folks, you can feel free to be super bakers and make your own pie pastry but again, I went with the store bought pastry to save time and honestly because I'm still too afraid to try it on my own. Brush pastry dough with melted butter...











Then, sprinkle with cinnamon, nutmeg, almonds and brown sugar to the center of the dough leaving about two inches around the edge....









Now, slice those peaches! Arrange them on their bed of doughy sugary goodness....













Then, take the edge of the pastry dough and fold it around the peaches, pinching in places. Brush outside of dough with melted butter and in folds of pastry brush some extra butter to keep it in place. Sprinkle more cinnamon, nutmeg, almonds and brown sugar over top...















(Psssst! Don't use a baking sheet with holes like I did...not a good idea...Can we pretend it didn't happen? If the baking police come for me the evidence is in the pictures. For now I hope we can get past it and make better choices in the future.) I happened to make 2 of these and made the other one on my pizza stone...a much better choice b/c it tends to get a little gooey on the bottom.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes or until the sugar starts to bubble on top. Enjoy as the enticing cinnamony peachy aroma will waft out of your kitchen and fill your whole house.



Serve warm,
with vanilla
ice cream...

ENJOY!




p.s. This post is dedicated to my sister Heather, her favorite summer fruit being peaches, and to her precious new little baby, Jillian, who she calls her little "peach blossom."

No comments:

Post a Comment