Monday, September 21, 2009

White Bean Salad *melissa

Lunchtime rolled around today and nothing in the frig appealed. So, I searched my cabinets and found a can of cannellini beans. Then I searched my produce drawer and found some choice ingredients that I thought might go together.
Here's what I ended up with:
1 can cannellini beans, drained/rinsed
2 chopped roma tomatoes
1 stalk celery (w/ leafy bits) chopped
2 scallions chopped
a bit of mint, chopped
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 Tbsp olive oil
sea salt to taste
fresh cracked black pepper
sprinkle of Parmesan cheese

Now, once in a while when I make things up out of my head it can produce a gross disaster. I'm not a culinary professional, just a wife/sister/daughter/ friend who dabbles in (hopefully) tasty concoctions.



Drain & rinse
the beans...





Then, julienne the mint and chop the celery...

(*TIP* How to julienne! Chopping leafy herbs like mint and basil can be annoying, like how they stick to your fingers and the cutting board....make it easier by stacking the leaves on top of each other and then running your knife through the bundle.)











Chop the tomatoes, removing seeds and pulp









Chop scallions...











Juice half of the lemon and whisk with olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper



Pour over all ingredients
and toss together...






Lastly, sprinkle with shredded parmesean cheese, eat, and ENJOY!



1 comment:

  1. another suggestion to chop or julienne the leafy herbs (as shared with me by kai) stack the leaves, roll them into a tube, snip with kitchen shears.

    ReplyDelete